Where can I obtain dental implants?
Are you in need of tooth replacement solutions? Do you need to replace one or more teeth in the smile? Are you interested in a long-lasting option that will provide restoration for many years? If this sounds like you, you might be a great candidate for dental implants in Caledonia, Michigan. Dental implants are a highly desirable way of replacing missing teeth for patients considering options that look and function like natural teeth.
How do dental implants work?
Drs. Gary Scott and Allyson M. Grove of Family Dentistry of Caledonia describe the dental implant as a replacement for missing tooth roots. These titanium posts are placed during surgery into the bone of the jaw and act as an anchor for a dental crown.
What is involved with placement of an implant?
The implant is surgically placed into the bone during oral surgery, requiring patients to be properly anesthetized and sedated before it is performed. The placement planning is done before the surgery date and may include a series of dental x-rays to check the health of the jawbone and remaining teeth to ensure patients are suitable candidates. Once the implant has been placed, osseointegration occurs. This process allows the bone to grow around the implant, holding it firmly.
What are the advantages of using quality dental implants for tooth replacement?
Dental implants offer many benefits over traditional tooth replacement options like dentures or bridges.
- Dental implants provide a more permanent solution that can last a lifetime with the best care.
- Dental implants look and feel like one’s natural teeth, allowing patients to eat, speak, and smile confidently.
- Because they are anchored into the jaw, dental implants provide stability and prevent bone loss, which can occur with other tooth replacement options.
- Dental implants will not require the alteration of adjacent healthy teeth, preserving the integrity of the remaining teeth.
- Dental implants are considered low maintenance and easy to care for, requiring only regular brushing and flossing like natural teeth.
- Dental implants usually have a high success rate and can improve overall oral health by preventing the shifting of remaining teeth and preserving facial structure.
Are dental implants the right option for you?
Consult with a qualified dentist to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure provided by the team at Family Dentistry of Caledonia. Drs. Gary Scott and Allyson M. Grove can be reached by calling (616) 899-4486, located at 9021 North Rodgers Court SE, Suite E. They serve patients and families in Freeport, Alto, Hastings, Kentwood, Cutlerville, Grand Rapids, and Middleville, MI.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all-porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.