How dental veneers can improve the appearance of the smile
Porcelain veneers, or cosmetic or dental veneers, are custom-made restorations to match a patient’s smile and cover up teeth near the front of the smile that is imperfect or unattractive. Gaps between teeth, crooked teeth, or even permanently stained or chipped teeth may benefit from the placement of a porcelain veneer. At Family Dentistry of Caledonia, Drs. Gary Scott and Allyson M. Grove can educate you on the many benefits of dental veneers and whether or not they are right for you!
Why should I consider porcelain veneers with my Caledonia, Michigan area dentist?
There are many advantages to disguising imperfections with porcelain veneers. These include:
- Improved appearance to the smile. Porcelain veneers can improve the overall look of your smile as they are custom-made to fit your teeth and match the rest of your beautiful smile!
- Stain-resistant. Unlike natural teeth and other materials such as composite resin bonding, porcelain veneers resist stains from coffee, tea, or other foods and drinks that may typically cause discoloration.
- Durability. Porcelain veneers are long-lasting and can withstand daily wear and tear when placed on the teeth near the front of the smile, otherwise called anterior teeth. With proper care, they can last for over a decade.
- Minimal preparation. Preparing for porcelain veneers is a relatively simple process that requires minimal removal of tooth structure when compared to other cosmetic procedures.
- Versatility. Veneers can effectively fix a variety of cosmetic issues, such as discoloration, gaps, chips, and crooked teeth. They are also used to straighten the appearance of teeth without the need for orthodontia.
- Confidence boost. Enhancing your smile with custom-made veneers can boost your confidence and help you feel more comfortable in social situations.
Are you ready to learn more about natural-looking veneers?
Are dental veneers a consideration for improving your smile? Do you have questions about whether or not you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers? Our Family Dentistry of Caledonia team helps patients in the Caledonia, MI, area determine if veneers are right for their smiles! Call (616) 899-4486 to request an appointment at our practice, proudly serving patients in the communities of Freeport, Cutlerville, Kentwood, Middleville, Hastings, Grand Rapids, and Alto, MI.
Veneers are thin handcrafted porcelain shields worn on the front of the tooth which improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, cracked, stained or worn. Veneers are thin as contact lenses, and are an aesthetically pleasing option of closing gaps, lengthening teeth, and providing symmetry to make your smile more natural. Veneers are intended to last for many years without changing color. They are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in dentistry. Ask your dentist if veneers may be right for you.